The KMSF Dept. of Professional Services Documentation and Coding Education, which formerly included Compliance related oversight, is designed to provide guidance and education regarding accurate and compliant documentation and coding of professional services. Whether the services are personally performed by a physician, a qualified advanced practitioner, or by clinic staff when in compliance with incident to or split/shared requirements for coding of Evaluation and Management Services or Procedural Services as described by CPT or HCPCS codes and ICD 10 CM diagnosis codes. KMSF Dept. of Professional Services Documentation and Coding Education is meant to enhance the understanding of documentation and coding of professional services throughout the UKHC enterprise.
Using a multi-media approach, we provide education for Physicians, APP’s, Coders, UKHC Dept. Leadership, and KMSF Employees whose job requires a working knowledge of documentation and coding of professional services.
- Utilizing a formal curriculum approved by AAPC, and provided by a team of 3 CPC instructors (CPC-I), we provide two, 20 week education sessions preparing students to become Certified Professional Coders (CPC).
- Participating in the KMSF Provider onboarding process, perform new provider education within the first 30 days of employment
- Perform education in one on one sessions, small or large group settings
- Participate, as invited, in department meetings, grand rounds, PA and Advanced Practice Nursing programs to provide education regarding documentation and coding
- Participate in developing policies and procedures around compliant, consistent and accurate documentation and coding
- In collaboration with IBU leadership, participate in regularly scheduled meetings to discuss documentation concerns and steps to resolve inaccurate documentation or coding practices
NEW: Coding and Documentation Guidelines for UKHC Professional Services Billing aka “The Big Blue Book” Click here
Link to Medicare Benefit Manual, Pub 100-02, Chapter 15, Covered Medical and Other Health Services Click here
Link to Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Chapter 12, Physician/Non-physician Practitioners Click here
Link to CMS guidance on Evaluation and Management Services Click here
Professional Services Documentation and Coding Click here.